The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization currently incorporated in the State of Texas. Filings of incorporation are available through the Texas Secretary of State.
The mission of the CAATE is to provide comprehensive accreditation services to institutions that offer Athletic Training degree programs and verify that all CAATE-accredited programs meet the acceptable educational standards for athletic training education.
Creating an educational format which produces graduates that:
- have a strong scientific foundational knowledge.
- are clinically competent.
- want athletic training as a career.
- have the knowledge, skills, and abilities comparable to other Level II Providers.
- have a place in healthcare as a Level II Provider.
Creating a quality educational environment in which programs have:
- periods of full-time clinical engagement.
- faculty with specific areas of expertise.
Encouraging and recognizing excellence by:
- creating standards and a process that encourages creativity and excellence.
- analyzing the characteristics of quality programs and create an environment that fosters those characteristics.
- creating an environment that encourages innovative and new curricula that prepare athletic trainers for our future place in health care.
- providing a purposeful continuum of education.