Announcement of Review Committee Openings
The CAATE is accepting applications for individuals interested in contributing to the advancement of education in athletic training by serving on the CAATE Review Committee for Professional and Post-Professional Programs. Individuals interested in applying for the Review Committee for Professional and Post-Professional Programs must have the following qualifications:
- Current certification and be in good standing with the Board of Certification (if an AT) and/or current State credential (if applicable) (includes other health care professions)
- If an AT, a minimum of 5 years as a BOC-credentialed athletic trainer
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities
- No Negative Practice Sanctions (State/BOC)
- Current or past CAATE program and/or Commission experience
- Successfully complete Site Visitor Training
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities for Review Committee:
- Work with Site Visitors to prepare the Site Visit Report for distribution to the institution
- Review of material in the rejoinder and preparation of presentation file for Commission
- Review of Program Progress Reports and preparation of presentation file for Commission
- Make recommendation to the Commission regarding accreditation actions as per the operation procedures of the Commission.
Interested candidates must submit the following application materials electronically to the Director of Accreditation, Pamela Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 15, 2017. Selected candidates will be expected to attend Review Training. Please submit the following:
- Submit letter of interest and current CV
- Letter of recommendation (LOR) and three additional references
- LOR should describe experience, communication skills, attention to detail, professionalism, ability to work with small groups, etc.
- Verification of good standing with the Board of Certification (if an AT) and/or current state credential (if applicable) (includes other health care professions)
Qualified candidates are reviewed by Director of Accreditation, Review Committee Chair and a Review Team Coordinator. Final selection is approved by the Commission.