Apply To Be A Site Visitor
In order to be considered as a Site Visitor potential applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Current certification and be in good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC), athletic training state credential (if applicable), or other current health care provider license
- Current or past affiliation with the CAATE, a CAATE accredited program, experience with higher education accreditation, or experience as a health care clinician
- Evidence of a commitment to athletic training education as documented through previous academic, scholarly, or service activities
- No evidence of unprofessional behavior or practice sanctions
Site Visitor Application Process
The CAATE accepts applications periodically for individuals interested in contributing to the advancement of education in athletic training by serving as a CAATE Site Visitor. Site Visitors will address the responsibilities below for Professional, Post-Professional Degree and Residency programs. Persons interested in applying to be a Site Visitor must meet the above qualifications and be willing to complete the following:
Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities for Site Visitors
- Complete conflict of interest forms
- Complete Site Visits as Assigned
- Site visitors are assigned to institution by SV Committee according to experience, partner matching, Carnegie classification/size of institution, conflict of interest information, etc.
- Complete all required reports and documentation in a timely fashion (e.g. Site Visit Reports, expense reports, quality assurance documents, etc.)
- Stay current with all Site Visitor Trainings
- Invitation to renew based on assessment of performance via the Quality Assurance Process and feedback from the Site Visit and Review Team committees.
Call for Site Visitor Applications:
The CAATE will post future calls for site visitor applications here. Please check back at a future date.