Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Leadership Development Committee
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Leadership Development Committee is to recruit and develop the volunteers and leaders of the Commission with a deliberate emphasis on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) to intentionally promote and ensure a culturally proficient environment throughout the organization and our stakeholder programs.
- Toni Torres-McGehee, PhD, ATC (Chair)
- Mark Laursen, MS, ATC (Vice Chair)
- Todd Neuharth, MA, ATC
- Lynette Carlson, DHSc, ATC
- Revay Corbett, PhD, ATC
- Tamaria Hibbler, MS, ATC
- Corey Oshikoya, MEd, ATC
- Karlita Warren, PhD, ATC
- Jeri Zemke, PhD, ATC
- Mimi Nakajima, EdD, ATC
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a board approved and supported DE&I initiative with specific goals to enhance the diversity of our volunteers at all levels (e.g., board, committees, peer reviewers).
- Conduct leadership training on DE&I (e.g., biases, cultural proficiency, LBGTQIA+) to support and enhance organizational DE&I efforts.
- Promote and ensure that a culturally proficient environment permeates throughout the CAATE and our stakeholder programs.
- Facilitate the recruitment of competent, dedicated and diverse volunteers to populate the board and various councils, committees, work-groups, task forces, etc.
- Conduct leadership development training to promote the advancement of CAATE volunteers within the organization.
- Manage the nominations and elections process for all elected leadership positions within the organization.
- Manage the call for nominations and vetting of applicants for the CAATE awards, with recommendations to the board.