Serving as a catalyst to advance athletic training education through the promotion of quality improvement, innovation, diversity, and best practices for student recruitment
- Develop and implement an awards program recognizing continuous improvement and innovation within accredited programs.
- Develop and implement an awards program recognizing diversity initiatives within accredited programs.
- Support student and trainee recruitment for accredited programs.
Serving the public and profession by establishing and ensuring compliance with accreditation standards that facilitate quality outcomes, continuous improvement, innovation and diversity to enhance athletic training education.
Advancing clinical practice and improving health care outcomes through promotion of excellence in athletic training education.
Recruitment and Admissions in AT Education
Creating a Winning Recruitment Strategy
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is the CAATE developing a Foundation?
The Foundation is being developed to support accredited programs in ways that an accrediting body cannot. The CAATE Board of Commissioners considered the current and desired state of accredited programs and decided that additional support for program enrollment, quality improvement and innovation in athletic training education, and supporting diversity within our student populations is needed.
How will the CAATE Foundation support accredited programs?
The CAATE Foundation will support accredited programs in three focus areas:
- Student & Trainee Recruitment – The CAATE Foundation will develop educational programming that supports best practices in graduate school and residency program enrollment. In addition, we are providing funding to support two annual scholarships with the expectation that the funds will increase over time. The CAATE Foundation will seek partnerships to raise awareness of the athletic training profession. We also anticipate increasing funding for ATCAS application waivers.
- Quality Improvement & Innovation – The CAATE Foundation will support the development of a recognition program to highlight leading practices in quality improvement and innovation in athletic training education.
- Diversity – The CAATE Foundation will support the development of a recognition program to highlight leading practices in efforts to increase the diversity of students enrolled in athletic training programs.
How will the CAATE Foundation be funded?
The CAATE Foundation’s scope is intentionally limited, requiring limited funding. We are currently planning to use ATCAS revenue to support the funding needs.
How will the CAATE Foundation work with other athletic training and healthcare organizations?
The CAATE Foundation will seek partnerships with other athletic training and healthcare organizations to further its mission and support accredited programs.
How can I get involved with the CAATE Foundation? How can I support its work?
We will be recruiting members of the CAATE Foundation Advisory Board during the spring volunteer recruitment process.