Thursday, March 2, 2023
The CAATE is seeking applicants for the Board of Commissioners. The CAATE defines an inclusive environment as one that recognizes the contributions and supports of all, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, age, sex, marital status, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should:
- Be individuals of the highest integrity and have an inquiring mind, a willingness to ask hard questions and the ability to work well with others.
- Be free of any conflict of interest that would violate any applicable ethics of the CAATE.
- Have the capacity and desire to represent the best interest of the CAATE stakeholders as a whole.
- Demonstrate a commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Though not required, the DEI & Leadership Development Committee is hopeful that individuals who have experience in the following areas will consider applying. Applicants DO NOT need to have experience in all areas to apply.
- Executive/leadership experience
- Critical, strategic and innovative thinking
- International experience
- Experience representing underrepresented industry and/or organizations
- Ability and willingness to devote time and energy to meet the responsibilities and expectations of the CAATE Board of Commissioners
- Knowledge of/experience or willingness to become knowledgeable with accreditation standards
2023 Call for Nominations Process:
The CAATE DEI & Leadership Development Committee will:
- Review all applications received.
- Schedule a 30 minute telephone or video (i.e., Zoom) interview with selected nominees in July 2023. The interview will include at least three members of the DEI & Leadership Development Committee and members of the Finance & Governance Committee. Interviews will be recorded for all members of the joint committee to review.
- Applicants should note these dates on their calendars upon submitting their application.
- The committee will prepare the slate of candidates to be presented to the current CAATE Board of Commissioners for their review, approval, and vote at the CAATE Board of Commissioners August 2023 Meeting.
Board of Commissioners Composition (from the CAATE Bylaws):
Section 3.4 Appointment/Election and Term of Office. The composition of the Board is authorized to be: not less than four (4) Board of Certification, Inc., (“BOC”) certified athletic trainers, one (1) physician, (1) one public member and one (1) institution administrator, but the exact number of board members shall be determined by the Board from time-to-time. The Board shall set forth procedures for selecting Board members in the Policies and Procedures Manual. At all times, the majority of the Board must contain a majority of Board of Certification, Inc., (“BOC”) certified athletic trainers. Commissioners shall hold office until the third succeeding annual meeting of the Board of the Corporation after their appointment and until their death, incapacity, retirement, removal from office, or the appointment and qualification of their successor. A person appointed to fill a vacancy on the Board shall hold office for the unexpired term of his or her predecessor. No commissioner may serve for more than two full terms unless fulfilling the term of President unless an exception is made. Any exceptions must be approved by the majority vote of the Board; provided, however, that the completion of an unexpired term of another commissioner shall not constitute a full term for purposes of the two-term limit on a commissioner’s tenure.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application. A list of the application questions and link to the application can be found on our website, here. All applications are due by April 27, 2023.