CAATE Events – Terms and Conditions
The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
CAATE Registration Terms & Conditions apply to the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference. Prior to your registration, you must acknowledge and accept the Terms & Conditions contained herein. Should you not wish to accept the Terms & Conditions you should not register. Submission of a registration is regarded as affirmation of your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
CAATE Code of Conduct
We are committed to creating a safe, productive, and welcoming environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, service providers, and all others must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images OR sexual language including in presentations, PowerPoint etc.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or events organized by CAATE throughout the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference.
- Copying or taking screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference registration credentials with any other person(s).
- Making event content available to a competitor of CAATE.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon both online and/or in-person.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances both online and/or in-person.
- Inappropriate comments or stalking of fellow attendees.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
CAATE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future CAATE events. If a participant is found or reasonably believed to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, CAATE may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference Access by Participants
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Governmental restrictions may change at any time without prior notice. As such, CAATE cannot guarantee eligibility to travel or to participate in the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference if restrictions change. Additionally, if 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference attendees choose to attend the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference and enter onto the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference premises, they may be exposing themselves to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
CAATE and its members, officers, officials, directors, instructors, contractors, agents, employees, and any other representative (collectively “Entities”) and the event venue will seek to implement preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 consistent with the guidance and recommendations of public health agencies for slowing the transmission and exposure to COVID-19 which may include, but not be limited to, health questionnaires for all 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference participants, sanitation procedures, and physical distancing measures at the event venue and during the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference.
Liability Waiver & Release
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue CAATE or its members, employees, board members, agents, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of CAATE. This Liability Waiver & Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
On occasion, you may be photographed, video-taped, or audio-taped in connection with CAATE activities. As a participant of the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference, you agree that CAATE is the sole owner of all rights in and to the resulting photographs, video footage and recordings, for all purposes related to CAATE’s business (both now and in the future). Your name and likeness may be used by CAATE in advertising and promotional materials. Participants shall receive no compensation or royalties for appearance in any materials.
As part of your registration of the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference, CAATE will share the data you provide CAATE with third party vendors in order to process your registration, to make you aware of goods and services you may be interested in, to perform analytics on behalf of CAATE, in connection with the 2022 CAATE Accreditation Conference and for such other purposes as CAATE may approve from time to time. Your virtual registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance and virtual booths visited.
CAATE reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors).
The views expressed by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, or sponsor are not necessarily those of CAATE. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporate presentations, marketing collateral, and/or advertising.